161 East Harper Avenue, Maryville, TN 865-984-0116
CreationGenesis 1-3 is the historically accurate account of the creation of all things out of nothing, by the spoken work of God, over six literal days.
- It pleased God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Heb 1:2, Joh 1:2-3, Gen 1:2, Job 26:13, Job 33:4)
- For the manifestation of the glory of his eternal power, wisdom, and goodness (Rom 1:20, Jer 10:12, Ps 104:24, Ps 33:5-6)
- In the beginning, to create, or make out of nothing (ex nihilo), over six days, the world, and all things in it, whether visible or invisible and all very good (Gen 1:1-31, Heb 11:3, Col 1:16, Ac 17:24, Ex 20:9-11)
- After God had made all other creatures, He created man, male and female:
- With reasonable and immortal souls (Gen 2:7, Ec. 12:7, Lu 23:43, Mt 10:28)
- Endued with knowledge, righteousness, and true holiness, after His own image (Ge 1:26, Col 3:10, Eph 4:24).
- Having the law of God written in their hearts (Rom 2:14,15)
- And power to fulfill it (Ecc 7:29).
- Yet under a possibility of transgressing, being left to the liberty of their own will which was subject to change (Gen 3:6, Ec 7:29)
- Beside this law written in their hearts, they received a command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen 2:17, 3:8-11,23)
- Which while they kept, they were happy in their communion with God, and had dominion over the creatures (Gen 1:26-28)
- Any view of creation which subscribes to a naturalistic (non-miraculous) or macro-evolutionary model is inconsistent with God’s Word and is to be considered “unsound doctrine”
- Any view of the Genesis account that seeks to make it a myth, allegory, poetry, or anything other than a true account of the direct, deliberate creation of all that is by the supernatural hand of God is to be rejected